Ergonomics is a discipline that involves arranging the environment to fit the person in it
Overall surveys show that people do not take action to treat work related pain mainly eye strain
Few postures of us at work daily
1. while sitting, lock hands behind head
2. bring elbows back as far as possible
3.inhale deeply while leaning back and stretching
4.hold for 20 seconds
5.exhale and relax
- while sitting, drop arms to the side
- shake hands downward gently
- massage the inside and outside of the hand using the thumb and fingers
- hold arm straight out in front of you
- pull the hand backwards with the other hand, then pull downward
- hold for 20 seconds
Slowly rotate your head as far as comfortable to the right, then left.
1. tilt head to one side (ear towards shoulder)
2. hold for 15 seconds
1. Roll your eyes clockwise then counterclockwise briefly.
2. Exercise your eyes by periodically looking away from your computer to focus on distant objects
3. Palm your eyes. Doing this will reduce stimuli to your eyes and brain. Closing your eyes and applying light pressure to them will spread the tear film in your eyes evenly and relax them.
4. Make a figure 8 with your eyes
5. Avoid getting dry eyes from the computer
6. Sit further away from the screen 16–24 inches (40.6–61.0 cm) is a good distance